NoiseIf your water heater has been making noise, such as knocking against a wall or creaking loudly, that could certainly be annoying. Strange noises coming from your water heater could be caused by a build up of sediment. A flushing of the water heater tank can solve the problem.
TemperatureYou will definitely notice if your water heater is not getting to the right temperature. If it is not getting hot enough, you may need to adjust the temperature on your water heater. The best temperature to set your water heater is typically between 120 and 140 degrees. If you have no hot water at all, a heating element could be broken. It is not difficult to replace a heating element, and the replacement would mean you would have your hot water running again.
Here are some things you will want to pay attention to when considering replacing your water heater:
- The age of your water heater
- If there is any leaking from your water heater
- The quality of water you are getting out of your heater
- The number of times you have called a repair person
- You do not remember the last time you replaced your heater